Tuesday, May 5, 2009

brakeless?


So to be honest flip-flop wheels have mostly been flip and no flop. The past 3 weeks though I've been flopping the crap out of them. Meaning, I've been riding fixed. Most people that read this are probably thinking big deal, but the way I ride is fast and crazy, so the brakeless fixed aspect is chilling in a pinch. Pinches are a common occurrence for me. Regardless it's been a fun learing curve. Most places are extremely hilly so its a little easier to get the skids going. Also, it took me a while to realize that the skids got easier the farther over the bars I leaned. Its amazing how far you can go over the top of those bad boys. So now skidding is like it was when I was 8 doing it after every forward movement. The joy of skidding and whipping your tire around to the side to turn left or right is just instinctually badass and adoringly juvenille. O, and when I say brakeless I really mean that the brakes are still on there I just try not to use them. I'll make the switch completely soon, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment