Monday, March 2, 2009

cheers

Yesterday was the "back in action" day for me in terms of riding my bike. I left the winter of SLC which definitely cut down my biking by half but headed into summer over here with no car. Not having a car is great by the way. In the US the leap seemed implausible but here its almost matter of fact.

So most of you know that I used to ride a stiff 56X16 gear ratio. Truth be told TRAX saved my ass from ever having to go up any real hills though. I remember trying to chase down a commeorative ride for Tom before he left on a mission. I climbed up Main St. to the Capitol with a few switch backs that about killed me. Now though the game is changed. Basically there isn't a spot of level ground here in Auckland and I find myself enjoying the new 48X18 ratio. Yesterday I rode all over Auckland, mainly due to a few too many wrong turns, and survived massive non-stop hills only by my new wossy ratio. There's something to be said about swallowing the pride that comes with a huge hard gear ratio.

Roll on Rollers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment