Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dreams

I love bicycles. I have recently tried to determine why i love them so much. I'm not sure if it is because it's a hobby i shared with on older brother growing up, giving it sentiment, or if its just the simplicity of a machine that is propelled strictly by my own will. Whatever it is, i love it.

I am finally adding a road bike to my collection this Saturday and, honestly, i have been dreaming about it non-stop, and i truly do mean dreaming (you know, that thing that happens when you go to sleep at night). In this dream i am riding around saying hi to everyone, and then there is a lemonade stand, and then i forget the rest. I have taken this dream to be a vision of my future and i am quite excited...because i also love lemonade.

I have also been completely distracted for the past two weeks looking into what i want to purchase. I sat down at the computer to do homework and the next thing i knew i was cruising around the internets looking at bikes. I am very excited that we are only 4 more full days away.

So wish me luck and pray that the bike swap has some good weed to offer because i will truly cry if this Saturday comes to an end and i have no new bike.

3 comments:

  1. I've been having dreams of my own. I got a scooter a last weekend on a sweet trade (sadly, my Patriotic Princess is between another man's legs) and have been thinking about it non-stop. I dreamed of it every night since. Dreams about fixing it. Dreams about riding it. Dreams about it breaking down. It has been fun to take up a new hobby and a new obsession. I haven't really ridden my bike in almost a year. Six months in Alaska and the next six months between traveling in Asia and visiting Texas makes for poor riding conditions. I am back in the Salt Lake City now, and bikes are returning to my thoughts and dreams.
    I'll see you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get a girlfriend.

    But maybe I heard you kind of have one, is that true?

    This comment is directed at Marc, not Logan - who under no circumstance should get a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll dream of bicycles and scooters no matter what my romantic situation is....and its pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete